Thursday, July 2, 2009

For those with an interest in Hold'em: I have read virtually every major (and some not-so-major) writer from Sklansky and Malmuth to Cloutier to Brunson and back. I am now working on Harrington on Hold'em (Tournaments) Volume III. The series, written with two-time World Backgammon Champion Bill Robertie, is simply the best how-to ever written - on anything. Harrington tells you more than what to do; he tells you why; he tells you what may be almost as good; and he tells you what is just dopey. I credit him (particularly his Volume II: The Endgame) with most of the improvement in my tournie game over the past year. What's that you say? "I play cash limit hold'em." Run, don't walk, over to your bookcase and pull down Doyle's Super System II. Jennifer Harman's section on limit is excellent! What Harrington has done for my no-limit tournament play, Harman has done for my limit game.

For those without any interest in Hold'em: I hope my good luck continues. Day 1C is Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment