Thursday, June 25, 2009

Two more books arrived from Amazon. I may not be the best player when I get to the WSOP, but I'll be the best-read. One is "Harrington on Hold'em Volume III." I've been very impressed with Volumes I and II, and the reviews seem to indicate that this may be the best of the bunch.

The other is "Poker Wizards," an interesting collection of advice from nine top players. The jacket says that it is "in the tradition of 'Super System'," but for these purposes it is much better. Brunson's "Super System" is a wonderful book wherein each expert talks about his specialty. In "Poker Wizards," each expert answers the same set of questions - ALL on no-limit tournament play.

I can hear a bunch of you saying, "Don't over-read, Barry. Just play your game."

No comments:

Post a Comment